Thursday, February 17, 2011

Flokati fo' Cheap

Little Harrison's nursery came complete with faux flokati rug when he was born.  Actually two, both small (3x5) and found at Home Goods on the cheap.  They have held up relatively well, although not the best.  I am so in love with the look though, of soft white fluffiness against the dark jacobean stained wood floors mixed with new baby smell!  I was going to change it up with a natural fiber rug, actually BOUGHT said natural fiber rug but returned it later.  I think I may stick with my original look for now, but may upgrade.  Plus, I am thinking maybe Knox should get his own, instead of using half of Harrison's original 2.

I know I am not the only one who loves this look, although, may I say I never saw this when I was originally planning the nursery some 2.5 years ago....
Serena & Lily Rugs
                                                                              serena + lilly flokati rug

Now, as lovely as their things are I cannot rush out and get them.  Cost has to be considered.

Consider this.  Serena + Lilly flokati rug white 50% wool, 50% acrylic 5x7 $345. 
Flokati Supreme from Flokati.com 100% New Zealand wool 5x7 $179. 

For some reason the picture won't download but I assure you it looks the same!  And when you consider the material I think it may actually be a nicer rug.... Hmmmph.  Who knew?

P.S.- Serena + Lilly, I don't knkow that you can call using a flokati rug in a nursery "original".  Or maybe I just haven't given myself enough credit....



No comments:

Post a Comment