Saturday, April 13, 2013

New...well, let's call it an "interest"

Diamond Five Stone Engagement Ring

I received a crazy nice gift on Valentine's Day, a pair of diamond earrings.  Let's just say he didn't need to and he did anyway.  The very best kind of gift.  I also got a replacement wedding band.  My original one had a tiny diamond missing and I had asked for a relatively inexpensive one to replace it.  In typical hubby style, he replaced it with one that was WAAAAY more pricey than necessary and, well, to be honest, wasn't exactly what I wanted.  So we resolved to return that.  Then he said to me- and you really should have seen my face- "why not upgrade the earrings too then?"  Hello, whaaaat?  Yes!

So now, instead of going to the jewelers that he used (which is a very popular commercial jeweler) and in typical me style (equal bashing time) I am over analyzing, researching and driving everyone crazy with figuring out where to go and what to get. 

I discovered Pricescope, an online forum dedicated to gems and all loveliness associated with the pursuit of them!

Now, I want an upgrade on my earrings and eventually a redo on my engagement ring and wedding band.  Oh, the floodgates have opened!




I know I want my emerald cut diamond (which if I had to choose over again I would have gone with a cushion cut, but it is still lovely and quite unusual) in a prong setting with a halo also in prongs.  I want an ultra thin band with the tiny diamonds on it and a matching wedding band.
Pinned Image
I don't like the bezels as seen up here.

I do like this- but maybe not for the both the band and the ER...too much?

Petite Bubble & Breathe 14kt White Gold Diamond Almost Eternity Band (Other Metals and Stone Options Available)


Ooooo- and I haven't even started on the actual gift!
This is what I am thinking-



Cushion cut studs.  I don't think a halo with them.  I like the clean lines of the naked stones.  I am ok with enhanced or laser treated stones- I have heard they are crappy for rings but great for earrings- I guess it has to do with the way you see a diamond on your hand as opposed to seeing them on your ears?






No comments:

Post a Comment