Friday, July 29, 2011

Is this a good idea?




Still trying to get some ideas for the kitchen.  But I am closer to closing the deal!! I make partner on August 17th, which means more cashflow to make some of the "dreams" a reality.  New table is picked out, email actually composed for the order, just have to hit "send".  Accent/ pop color picked out.  Time set aside for the cabinets to be painted, just have to get an estimate. 

But I am still pondering over finding cheap, nice chairs.  I had decided to use two upholstered chairs for the heads of the table.  But the side chairs.  Do I go with the aluminum/ metal chairs for an industrial look?  I have been talking about that but I think I may be over it.  I have now seen it all over the blogoshpere and I want something different now (who says procrastination doesn't pay?). 

What about these?

Flash Elegance Gold Finished Metal Ballroom Chair with White Fabric Seat [YOU-101-WH-GG]

They are SUPER cheap, like $29 each cheap.  They seem like they would be sturdy, made of metal afterall.  Plus, with the price I woudln't feel bad about painting them another color.  But I could leave them the gold, I have no objections to that!

What if I painted a rainbow of colors on these babies?! 









Am I cool enough to pull it off?  I would love to try it, but may not have the balls to do it....

1 comment:

  1. Great Idea! I have been thinking of doing the same thing. So I google searched rainbow chairs and found you. I love the pics you found. I think I'm going to do it. What did you end up doing with the chairs?

    These are the chairs I'm going to paint.

    http://iheartmotherhood.blogspot.com/2011/08/moving-and-ugly-chairs.html

    ReplyDelete