Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughts on a light I wasn't ask to fix

So there is a wonderful home on Shelter Island that I am lucky enough to have access to.  I want to do so very much to it, but alas, it isn't mine and I wasn't asked to do any of the things I want to do. 
Why should I let that stop me?


See this lovely hallway?  Spy that horrific chandelier?!?!  Eeeeeeeeek!!



Wouldn't this be waaaaaay better?  I LOVE this DIY Ikea hack, and it looks totally do-able.

Take this...


(Ikea Maskros 89.99)

Add this...


Rust-oleum Burnished Brass Spray Paint $29.99

And get this!!!



I also think that the modern-ish vibe would be totally kick ass in the ultra Victorian setting of this home. 

Plus...if everyone hates it, it only costs around $100.  A totally forgiveable mistake if it is one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment