Monday, March 1, 2010

Cowhide....done or doing?

I have been wanting to put a rug in my long and narrow living room for some time now and have been playing with the idea of a cowhide rug.




These images I feel are really along the lines of what I'm going for.  The color of the walls are pretty much exactly what I have in the living room, dining room, entry way and hall (yeah, so I made my choice easy by being slightly monochromatic.....).  The floors are stained dark, jacobean, as mine are.  Lots of gold throughout.  The style is traditional with some modern touches.  Love it!  I haven't gone modern as of yet but I think my planned cowhide will lend a modern, albeit traditional, addition that is badly needed.  




I think I may need to do two rugs, but not sure if TWO cowhides is my best bet (although see in the first set of pics they have done it and pulled it off well).
I have decided not to go with any spotted or striped hides, as that may be overdone at this point.  I am thinking of getting this one:


I think the grey is subtle, doesn't scream COW, and would complement the blue walls.  What d'ya think?
I am contemplating pairing it with a clear coffee table a la:


thoughts...?


1 comment:

  1. i really like the cow hide that you picked, but not sure about the clear coffee table... but i do love in one of the pics the tree stump coffee tables. and there will be alot of those to come by now after last night

    ReplyDelete