Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ikea....

Every time I go there I leave thinking the same thing, some of these pieces are CRAP and others are GEMS!!!!!
Takes some time sifting through things to figure out the difference so I recommend leaving the little ones home, wearing "sensible" shoes, rolling up your sleeves and digging in!

wine racks to fit at the end of a kitchen island (ideas!.....)
sorry i have no idea why the pic keeps loading sideways.  I love this because while we have a wine fridge in our living room, in our bar, but it would be great to have some "built in" wine storage in the kitchen.  Each vertical rack holds ten bottles, and at about $60 each you could easily do 2 or 3 at one end of the island!!
this lamp shade is only $6!! and is adjustable so that it can hang upside down or right side up.  the beauty of this is that it can turn an ugly closet with a single exposed light bulb into an actual room.  it softens the glow of the light, adds some color if you want (comes in white, pink, black, purple & yellow).  we have already installed it in my husbands "walk-through" closet.
i have no need for this cowhide covered stool but i love, love it.  i'm not sure why but lately i am feeling animal skins, antlers and the like, so this is really in line with my esthetic.  if only my closet was big enough i would put this in front of mirror under my new kristaller chandelier, also from ikea!!


No comments:

Post a Comment