Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cocktails on the porch

Well, not quite.  But we CAN still have cocktails!

Here is my newest fave-  and one that we just served at Baby Knox's Christening.  We loved it because it was floral-ly, slightly sweet, crisp, reminded us of spring and was super easy to make for a crowd!  You can buy the lychees canned in almost any oriental grocery store.  Cheers.

Lychee Champagne Cocktail
(or the Knox your Ksox off cocktail!)

1 can lychee in syrup
1 bottle champagne or prosseco
mint leaves (optional)

Pour 1 oz lychee syrup and 1 lychee fruit into a champagne glass.  Top with champagne or prosseco and add a mint leaf if you like (I chose not to).  Repeat many, many times.  Enjoy!

                                                             (not my pic, but the general idea)
These drinks are super easy and provide just a little bit of interest over plain ol'champs....really fine in my book anyway!  Also, the lychee fruit is something of a conversation peice.  People weren't sure if they were edible (they are) or if I had taken them home from the hospital with me (I did not!).   They look weird but are delicious and actually quite common in Asian cuisine.  I think it is sophisticated and lovely.  

Speaking of Knox's Christening, here is a picture of the event.  We all had a great time and the little angel, little Saint Knox (the priest's words not mine) was heavenly!







No comments:

Post a Comment