Monday, January 3, 2011

New Living Room...one step closer

I have found my new sofa and loveseat for the living room.  Actually, I found them months ago, just found the funding for them I suppose!  Now these aren't my "I will die in this furniture" choice, but these will do...  The reason?  I have 4.  One- my cat.  Correction, NEAL's cat.  He is fat, he is lazy, he will ONLY scratch furniture I like and he sheds.  Two- my children.  Granted, only one is mobile so far, but they are boys and I doubt two boys make less mess than one boy.  Three- my finances.   They are limited, I am being kind here.  Four- the rest of my house.  This isn't even close to the biggest project we need to do to this place, and so I can't very well break the bank on this purchase.  I can't even touch the bank truthfully.  But when your husband says a room looks hodge-podge, you know it's time to change it up a bit!!
So here is the photo of the couch and loveseat.  The nailhead trim is what sold me.  I hate the pillows but they will do for now, mainly (only) because they come with the couches. I am not revealing where we are getting them because I think it will really make people assume they are crappy.  And they aren't! They look nice and they feel even nicer than I hoped they would.  So I am getting them!  And boo to anyone who says otherwise!

1 comment:

  1. Cricket--- Thanks for your comment. Rug is from West Elm. I've had it in my living room for about 3 years and love it. Doesn't shed and is soft enough for baby to crawl on. Katey loves hers as well... in her new keeping room.

    ReplyDelete